Presenting a delicious new deep-fried sugary heart-attack. Having that brilliant idea to make Homemade Vanilla Gelato only brings up a second, equally brilliant idea to mind: Wicked O’s.
Wicked O’s are deep fried Oreo cookies in batter, and goes very well with ice cream. The original comes from the Flaming Wings-Gravy Fix line of restaurants. I don’t know where else you could get deep fried Oreos.
The recipe here is good for Pillsbury boxes, which is the one that we have here because the other recipes you’ll find use a different brand and different proportions.
- As many Oreo cookies you want.
- A box of Pillsbury Pancake Mix (400g)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 teaspoons oil
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- Preheat the deep frier to 375*
- Make the pancake batter with the eggs, mix, milk and oil.
- Dip the Oreos into the batter. Don’t worry if the batter seems thin.
- Put it in the deep fryer. It will float to the top, and once the bottom is toasted golden, flip the Wicked O’s to cook the other side.
- Serve on a plate lined with kitchen napkins.
And the most fundamental step of all:
Eat with Ice Cream.
“Goes without saying,” sabi ni Miggy.
“You don’t say,” remarked AJ Cambal.